Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthe first ten minutes I knew what I was in for so I enjoyed it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=697087&mesg_id=714733
714733, the first ten minutes I knew what I was in for so I enjoyed it
Posted by rdhull, Tue Aug-09-16 03:51 PM
When they did some of the squad overviews of some of the squad I knew what kind of flick this would be (pulp) so all of the critique was dampened

this made it more enjoyable

and the advertising was spot on because anyone expecting anything else with the way it was promoted is foolish

with a few editing fixes this is what DC flicks should be like. Not a hodgepodge of each flick being something different for each stand alone

Highlights:
Will being back. Yall know what IO mean when I say "being back"

Harley

The Joker being non existent to what is actually happening. Of course they're saving him for another Bats flick etc but I thought it was right decision not to make him a prominent element so soon.

The kinetic style of the film. It actually separates it from being a Guardians rip off.

The stunts and effects. Less cheesy than BvS and all the DC rest imho.

Homie from The Killing. Though at times seemed like he was in a different movie, he brought some levity to the events.

Music was on point many times and kept with the frenetic pace and boldness of the flick

Lowlights:

The music. Not enough time given to most of the songs and they were sometimes played to loud over the scenes making them seem like the focus instead of what was on screen

Viola: I know shes stoic as hell in the comics etc but damn was she one note. Could have humanized her in some way. How she was portrayed was more cartoonish then some of the Squad characters

Croc-get him outta there

Give us some daylight...or more of it maybe. I know its supposed to be Dark City but

the third act big machine destroyer of everything ending..good effects but should have been something on a smaller scale..why does every flick have to be some universe challenging spectacle? I don't want Raymond Chandler but...