Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIf Jon is indeed really dead in the show, it's a terrible decision
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=695811&mesg_id=699396
699396, If Jon is indeed really dead in the show, it's a terrible decision
Posted by rjc27, Mon Jun-15-15 01:23 PM
All the other "shocking" deaths advanced the story, they hurt emotionally as a viewer, but they made sense... this doesn't...

Two episodes ago in arguably the best scene in the show's history we get Jon surviving the white walkers, they make it a point to show how he caught the Knight kings attention, and then we show him kill one of the head white walkers, concluding with the epic stare down... All that for what? Nothing? At that point I think we all hoped this was the preview of the real big final climax at some point... Jon vs the Walkers...

Based on everything the creators and Kit Harrington said today I do believe he's not coming back. They have not went out of their way to publicly throw curveballs. They didn't just say Jon was dead they said Kit's done on the show. They were not even ambiguous in their response. I think they also wanted to make it clear that Jon shared the info about the valyrian steel killing the walker, which he did with Sam.

I'll keep watching, and probably keep enjoying the show. But after 5 seasons you start to mainly be drawn to how you think something will end. Taking Snow out of the picture, especially with all the hype about his lineage, just removes a lot of my excitement going forward, to the point I don't care nearly as much with how everything comes to an end.