Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectlike you, I only watched it once
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=695811&mesg_id=698134
698134, like you, I only watched it once
Posted by 3xKrazy, Wed May-20-15 06:17 PM
>I don't recall her protesting at all. She looked shocked at
>the assholery and that caused her to momentarily hesitate to
>undress... but when he asks her again, she starts.

I seem to remember her saying something like "you can't be serious" which may have been in reference to Theon. I dunno. I recall a vibe of resistance. I have no desire to watch it again.

I think dude below made a good comparison between that scene vs. dany/khal drogo. Similar situation (carrying out matrimonial duties) but a very different kind of vibe.

>
>I just don't buy people's takes that this Sansa is the same
>one from even as recently as the start of last season. She is
>smart, she is playing the game, and she has agency imo.

I think we all agree that her character has evolved. Which IMO doesn't jibe with lettering herself be put in that position to begin with.

>think people are just upset because they watched her grow up
>on this show

I don't think that's played into it at all. Just my opinion, but I think Sansa is hot as fuck and watching her in a sex scene (between 2 consenting partners) would not be the least bit problematic for me. Quite the opposite, really. This chick ain't my little sister.

I think the problem is this scene is the culmination of swiss cheese storylines which everyone has endured out of love for the show. The rape scene was kind of a tipping point in that you're now piling painful on top of useless and predictable and people at this point are just kinda like 'fuck it'.