Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectat this point in the show, books, etc, it's derivative
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=695811&mesg_id=698130
698130, at this point in the show, books, etc, it's derivative
Posted by pdafunk, Wed May-20-15 04:12 PM
and a lazy way to get "motivation" for any character to do something. sorry, that's how i feel. it literally took me out of the show. and not in a good way, like it was a shock twist or anything. everyone knew a marriage to ramsey was not going to be a good thing, so i just don't see why it was necessary.

i addressed to frank above the fact that yes, the repercussions haven't played out. so there's the off-chance that this rape brings something new to the story, but i'm doubtful. happy to be proven wrong though.

sansa already has plenty of motivation to want to see theon's, ramsey's, and roose's head on a spike on the walls of winterfell. the rape made no difference there.

ramsey we already knew was a psychopath, so no difference there. so that leaves theon.

theon's situation i addressed a little bit more in depth on my second reply to frank, too. for him to have any redemption, he would have had to do something right then, right there. obviously, that wouldn't work with the timing of stannis' march, etc.

that's fine that if, in his mind, he does something later (say kill roose or ramsey or whatever) that he feels redeems himself. but then sansa should end him with a quickness. otherwise any sort of post-rape redemption that the writers try to sell would feel extremely forced and in bad taste.