Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWhen did this happen?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=695811&mesg_id=698017
698017, When did this happen?
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon May-18-15 09:01 PM

>The other problem was Sansa's dumbfounded reaction and
>subsequent attempts at negotiation out of consummation.

I don't recall her protesting at all. She looked shocked at the assholery and that caused her to momentarily hesitate to undress... but when he asks her again, she starts.

Did I miss something (I'm asking sincerely, only watched the scene once)? Does she cry out "don't do this, stop it Ramsey, be nice"? She obviously isn't pleased, to put it mildly... but she knew she had to fuck that dude and reluctantly goes along, even with Theon there. The tub scene shows she knows *exactly* what's up, imo. She knew she was going to have to fuck this creep from the family that killed her brother and mom... and she went through with it. She volunteered in the first place.

I just don't buy people's takes that this Sansa is the same one from even as recently as the start of last season. She is smart, she is playing the game, and she has agency imo. I think people are just upset because they watched her grow up on this show, so to *them* she's still nothing but a victim.

They're also probably just sick of rape on TV, which is completely understandable... but then people should just be honest and say that and leave it there.