Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMy feelings on the Sansa/Ramsay scene are similar to Franks
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=695811&mesg_id=698004
698004, My feelings on the Sansa/Ramsay scene are similar to Franks
Posted by calij81, Mon May-18-15 06:49 PM
Sansa knew what she was signing up for when she agreed to marry Ramsay as the Boltons are well known in the North for their torture and brutality. Plus, she had spent enough days with Ramsay to see how cruel and evil he was and what he had done to Theon.

Sansa also knows that consummating a marriage on a wedding night is tradition in Westeros. She was spared having to marry and thus sleep with Joffrey because of the rebellion. Tyrion was kind and didn't love her so he avoided sleeping with Sansa and consummating the marriage, much to the displeasure of his father Tywin.

We all knew that she wouldn't be so lucky with Ramsay. Ramsay was never going to be "kind" or "gentle" with Sansa like Tyrion, Ramsay was never going to take Sansa's feeling into consideration or wait to consummate the marriage for when Sansa was ready.

It was great to see Sansa flex some muscle in the bathtub scene with Myranda and I was hoping that would have carried over to the wedding night with Ramsay but I was let done. However, she really couldn't have done much to stop Ramsay. Sure she is in Winterfell and has allies in the North but she isn't in position to make a move yet. She is still surrounded by the Boltons and their bannermen.

I do hope Sansa murks Myranda. She could easily order Myranda executed if she wanted to but I think that would more than likely excite Ramsay rather than hurt him.

I think this might throw a wrench in Littlefingers plans as well. Let's play this out. Littlefinger is hoping that some combination of Sansa, Theon, Stannis, and the North rally to take the Botlons out of Winterfell and install Sansa as the ruler of Winterfell. However, I think Ramsay being cruel and torturing Sansa is going to cause her to reconsider helping Littlefinger in the future. In fact, Sansa might blame Littlefinger for her torture at Winterfell by Ramsay. She knows Littlefinger is a man with a lot of knowledge and spies, surely Littlefinger should have known what type of person Ramsay is and she might feel betrayed by LIttlefinger.