Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIt was gratuitous.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=695811&mesg_id=698001
698001, It was gratuitous.
Posted by CaptNish, Mon May-18-15 06:26 PM
And this show a lot of times is gratuitous. I'm not outraged. I just have no desire to watch a woman be raped to prove someone's "evil" or to have someone "break." Khal/Dany had a purpose. I didn't like it, but it had a purpose. You can cry to you are blue in the face that Jamie/Cersei had a purpose. Ro me it didn't. But it happened, and I got over it. but this? This one was just unnecessary. Again, I'm not outraged, but don't care how many words you want to use to justify it, there was no reason for it. Comparing it to the rapes in the WALKING DEAD is spot fucking on. It's just too easy. And honestly, I don't want to see it. It's not fucking compelling to me. It's disgusting (to me), and I don't know that I want to continue to watch a show where they feel they need to resort to that to tell their story. I'm not saying the show should be taken off the air. I'm not writing a goddamn think piece. I just think it's fucking gross and it makes me not want to watch the show.