Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIt's the third episode of the season....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=695811&mesg_id=696854
696854, It's the third episode of the season....
Posted by wallysmith, Mon Apr-27-15 09:04 AM
there's still time.

The deaths of Joffrey and Tywin have shaken up the royal landscape so all the players are still figuring out where they fit in this new world.

Arya has a ways to go to become a "faceless man" so I'm excited to see it. I love training sequences in movies though, so I'm expecting a lot.

Cersei is still Cersei... the scheming is still there, she just no longer has the explicit power that comes with title. Some shit is going on with Qyburn and the High Sparrow though.

Brienne just got way more interesting to me. She has real purpose now, besides the whole "save the fair maidens" quest. It's a great bit of continuity going all the way back to S1 with Renly's death.

The thing about Sansa that others have alluded to and some seem to have missed... she's still a pawn, yes, but that Stark name carries far, far more weight in the North than it did at King's Landing. The key difference between marrying Joffrey vs marrying Ramsay is that she now has *leverage*. And Roose is taking away Ramsay's greatest joy.... his cruelty.

And Tyrion going to Daenerys is matching maybe Westeros' best mind with the show's most devastating army... with both having the desire to fuck over those in power.

It's only the third episode... no need to be bummed out just yet