Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectLF took out joffrey and stole Sansa and no one knows
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=695811&mesg_id=696468
696468, LF took out joffrey and stole Sansa and no one knows
Posted by cereffusion, Mon Apr-20-15 01:30 PM
he even betrayed ned stark in season one. the man is climbing the ladder. nobody trusts him but nobody knows just how 'behind things' he is. He's ambitious but he never puts himself at RISK for it. he has others do it for him, like any true machiavellian.

He would not do what we both know he's about to do - a) putting her in risk of great physical pain and trauma and b) just announcing he has her and what he's going to do with her.

In terms of Varys, I think he even works more in the shadows. He wouldn't go with Tyrion to Mereen - he'd have Illyrio outfit Tyrion with some riders and send him there alone. It's far too dangerous for a man like Varys in a warzone.

This has nothing to do with my belief of what the narrative should be. One of the best parts of the series (in any media) are the complex plotlines and clever plans and ambitions. I think that has become severely limited in the show (to be expected, to an extent) and I think it's trending toward worse. For instance, why introduce the Lollys plotline to just have Bronn take off to play Liam Neesons? It's weak. Why introduce Tysha? Was Mance really a character with any impact?

And, based off our other conversations in here - you seem to agree that some of the storylines here are way off track.

You seem kind of mad about it so I apologize if I rubbed you the wrong way. But I stand by my opinion that the show has lost most (or all) subtlety and nuance.