Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectlol, right.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=695811&mesg_id=696245
696245, lol, right.
Posted by wallysmith, Thu Apr-16-15 07:21 PM
Like Jaime sitting in front of castles is the only thing you mentioned. There's a moment you mentioned that hasn't been hinted at yet in the show. If you don't think that's a spoiler (right after explicitly saying you read spoilers) then you need to rethink your definition of "spoiler".

> I fully stand by the claim that Varys is a behind-the-scenes player and wouldn't put his own life, name, or face on the line. He'd get someone else to do it.

Great. I agree. That's not my argument, nor was it your original position. You were arguing that Varys was playing all sides in posts 99 and 103; I disagreed, I pointed out he's only on one side.

> That said, it's possible he 'disappears' soon but I think his conversation implied that he plans to do something. While he might tell Tyrion some truth but it wouldn't be the whole truth. I'm simply skeptical the show can portray any kind of subtlety. David Simon should have directed it.

Also lol. When Lysa was proclaiming her love for Baelish, she admitted to being the tipping point for the entirety of the series. The payoff for a scene in S1E1 happened 39 episodes later, almost four full seasons' worth. This was also a moment that went way over many viewers' heads. Now THAT is subtle.