Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSnakes On A Plane
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=694086&mesg_id=694247
694247, Snakes On A Plane
Posted by 13Rose, Thu Mar-12-15 10:18 AM
If you were on OKP when this movie was in development you know the anticipation was crazy. I went to the theater and met up with some buddies. Some of their friends dressed up like pilots and had little rubber snakes around their necks. We went into a PACKED theater on opening weekend. I sat next to a couple who was trying to figure out why the theater was packed. I told them I'd been waiting for almost a YEAR for this movie. The girl told her guy "See I told you." It was an event!

From the very beginning the generic Asian character name had everyone rolling. The unintentional comedy was greatness. When we saw the bumper scenes showing the plane in the air a group of people in the theater made a "ssssssssssssssss" sound every time. When Sam Jackson does his big Snakes on a plane line I stood up and applauded with a bunch of other people. It was so much fun that I've yet to top that experience in a theater.

Snakes on a Plane will always have a special place in my heart for that reason.