Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThere's a few that come to mind...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=694086&mesg_id=694091
694091, There's a few that come to mind...
Posted by phenompyrus, Mon Mar-09-15 03:39 PM
The first time I saw Star Wars Episode I was cool for the same reasons you listed, and to this day, when I see Darth Maul pop both lightsaber blades, I think of everyone cheering in the theater and the nerdgasm about to blow.

My brother and I caught Grindhouse the weekend it opened at like midnight, didn't leave the theater until 330 or so when it was over, and that was one of the best times in a theater. We were the only 2 in there at the time, getting up and moving around, talking throughout, getting rowdy during the cool parts, etc. Good fun.

I still remember seeing The Lion King, Jurassic Park, The Avengers, all for the first time, b/c they were so enjoyable.

Movies I've seen twice:

The Avengers (b/c it was so awesome)

The Expendables (I grew up watching Sly, Lundgren, Bruce, Arnie, so them mixing it up with the 'newer' guys was cool as hell)

The Expendables 2 (to see if it was as bad as the first time b/c I was in disbelief... it's still not a good movie)

The Matrix Reloaded (same reasons as Expendables 2, although I have come to enjoy this movie for what it is)

Guardians of the Galaxy (while I liked Cap 2 and X-Men better last year, I saw this twice b/c the fiancé hadn't yet seen it, so I went again)