Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe Walk (Robert Zemeckis, 2015)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=689685
689685, The Walk (Robert Zemeckis, 2015)
Posted by bwood, Tue Dec-09-14 12:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXIYaAPmy8k

Filmed in 3D.

If you haven't seen it yet go to Netflix RIGHT NOW and watch the doc "Man on Wire".
689688, Trailer is ridiculously affective
Posted by CaptNish, Tue Dec-09-14 01:18 PM
Can't wait.
689689, Hopefully this is Zemeckis' return to form.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Dec-09-14 01:30 PM
It will have been 15 years since his last good movie. And over twenty-five years since his last movie that I loved.

I agree that Man on Wire is an absolute must-watch.
689704, You didnt like "Flight" at all?
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Tue Dec-09-14 06:35 PM
I guess Denzel carried the movie and it didnt really feel like a Zemeckis flick, but i dug it.
702991, I really didn't.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Sep-28-15 02:01 PM
Denzel is a strong actor, and Goodman is always good, but the entire thing is so painfully on-the-nose. Which is sort of why I thought it felt very much like a Zemeckis film.
702992, That film didn't have the right to be that decent....
Posted by rorschach, Mon Sep-28-15 03:29 PM
Denzel and John Goodman made that film much better than it would've been....being all committed to the role in a film that's ridiculous.
689692, So he kept the Bruce Willis face from Looper & added contacts?
Posted by jigga, Tue Dec-09-14 02:16 PM
Loved the doc

Dug Flight

I'll see this too
702962, You're better off watching "Man on Wire" on Netflix
Posted by bwood, Sat Sep-26-15 03:10 PM
This shit is painfully Hollywood-ized. And while there's stuff I loved, in particular the 3D and it's sense of vertigo, this is just a really, really good cable movie.

Suffers just like Everest 3D suffered.

Went to the very first screening ever this morning on the 8 story IMAX and it seemed like every fucking press person in the world showed up to cover this for the New York Film Festival. Added surprise Robbie and the entire cast showed up for the Q&A afterwords.

If you have to see this go on a regular 3D screen.

It drops Wednesday on IMAX and premium screen, so I'll be back then to tell you my biggest gripe with this shit.
702963, One of my fall must-sees
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Sep-26-15 05:09 PM
702964, My love for Man On Wire is making me not want to see this film....
Posted by rorschach, Sat Sep-26-15 07:17 PM
Man on Wire is really that good.

SN: It really irks me that so many people can't just watch a documentary or foreign movie but will watch the same story in a Hollywoodized narrative form. Nowadays that unwillingness to go beyond the cineplex has even extended to classic older films. After a while, we'll have to see remakes of all-time greats like The Godfather because people can't bring themselves to watch the original.

There's absolutely no reason not to watch Man on Wire over The Walk. The real life Petit is probably way more interesting and entertaining than any other actor portraying him could be.
702990, i kinda feel same way
Posted by Robert, Mon Sep-28-15 01:33 PM
i might to still see out of curiosity/it's robert zemeckis.. but i'll probably end up rewatching Man on Wire again soonafter to "rinse". the part in the doc where they show the footage from the ground as he's walking, and his wife is telling about her reaction as she got out of cab and looked up to see him..& for a brief moment she completely forgot about the danger/insanity aspect and just objectively took in the beauty of what she was seeing..with that minimal piano song playing in background..goosebumps

edit: just read bwood's post--guess ill skip