Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectAnimation fans, support LeSean Thomas' Kickstarter for Cannon Busters
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=688065
688065, Animation fans, support LeSean Thomas' Kickstarter for Cannon Busters
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Nov-04-14 01:07 AM
crosspost from GD

If you aren't familiar with him by name then at least I know you are familiar with some of his work. Watch the trailer in the link and check out the character designs. Browse all the details. This shit deserves the money. It's a project that's been in the making for so long. I remember following the art he'd put up of this series when he was back on DeviantArt.

He's also got some great folks from comics and anime working on it as well so support! I'm hoping he gets enough for that 24 minute pilot.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/473463284/cannon-busters-the-animated-series-pilot

Bio
LeSean Thomas has contributed to television animation in the United States for over 10 years. His most notable works include Peabody Award-winning series The Boondocks on Adult Swim serving as Co-Director (Season 1) and Supervising Character Designer (Seasons 1 & 2), Nickelodeon's The Legend Of Korra (Book 1) as a storyboard/production artist, and most recently Black Dynamite: The Animated Series as Creative Producer (Season 1) and Supervising Director (Seasons 1 & 2) on Adult Swim.

Recently, Thomas spent several years working abroad in South Korea as an animation production/storyboard artist, honing his skills and developing Cannon Busters while lending his talent to hit shows. He is driven by his passion and enthusiasm for animation production and enjoys sharing his knowledge with the animation & art community online. Drawing from Western and Eastern influences, Thomas's work displays a level of stylistic expression and dynamism that makes him highly distinguishable among his peers. Through his unique vision and your support, he hopes to bring Cannon Busters to life!
688143, upping. this cat has been working on this for YEARS
Posted by hardware, Wed Nov-05-14 11:29 AM
glad to see it FINALLY getting on track
688183, Dude had a part in a lot of my favorite shows
Posted by Mafamaticks, Thu Nov-06-14 07:21 AM
Then I found out he was Sanford Kelly's brother.

This looks like it's gonna Samurai Champloo levels of dopeness if it gets made
688192, really?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Nov-06-14 09:37 AM
>Then I found out he was Sanford Kelly's brother.
>

wow. small world.
688236, this looks dope!!!
Posted by madwriter, Fri Nov-07-14 01:23 AM

--------
<--------- my cousin
www.richardlouissaint.com
photobloggin' it:
http://blog.richardlouissaint.com
688294, Gonna have to dig out the comic
Posted by Rockscissorspaper, Sat Nov-08-14 05:23 PM
Someone on another board said there were 2 issues: Cannon Busters #0 and #1. I only have one of them but I don't remember which, lol
689070, 7 DAYS LEFT
Posted by hardware, Tue Nov-25-14 05:24 PM
GO GO GO