Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectcongrats, you're all wrong
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=687923&mesg_id=707965
707965, congrats, you're all wrong
Posted by theprofessional, Wed Feb-10-16 05:33 AM
i should mention that this line of thought originated from the fact that the way the knife slides into him like he's made out of soft cheese looks fake and CGI-ish, enough that it took me out of that moment. afterwards i thought about how that could've been improved and the obvious answer is a more violent thrust, the kind that it would take to actually penetrate bone and flesh. so now she's stabbing him violently. why? revenge. turing test passed. a few more stabs for good measure. hold it, make him feel it, make sure caleb is watching, bask a little bit in the horror on their faces. and... okay, now we can go to the helicopter.

it's not about turning it into a slasher robot flick, it's about making what is currently a sort of weak and tepid finale into something a bit more memorable (as it is, the dance scene is the most memorable visual in the movie, and it should not be) and maybe more meaningful. a bit more payoff to an hour and a half of slow-burn build up. you guys are wrong. this flick was a few pints of blood and a twist of the knife away from being a classic.