Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI feel like Widow has been most vulnerable with two people
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=686941&mesg_id=711706
711706, I feel like Widow has been most vulnerable with two people
Posted by Beamer6178, Mon May-09-16 12:05 AM

>
>The one thing I found random was Black Widow's sudden change
>of heart in the airplane hanger, but maybe that was
>foreshadowed beforehand or explained after and I just missed
>it. Her flip seemed to lack explanation whereas everything up
>to that point had been painted so clearly; meanwhile, in a
>fight pitting two sides of five or so people against each
>other, there's not a single player in the scene who doesn't
>have a logical "horse in the race" reason.
>

Banner and Rogers. After Winter Soldier, when she actually needed him to SAVE her life, and he did so in the most difficult of circumstances, you get the sense that he became one of the few people who's back she'd always have at the end of the day. This isn't to say she and Barton weren't tremendously close and yes he did her a big solid when he was supposed to kill her and helped redeem her, but she probably wasn't as VULNERABLE as she was when Hydra blew up the old SHIELD facility.

She was never totally comfortable with the Accords, she was trying to make the peace and keep the family together. she even told Steve when he said "are you going to arrest me?" she said "no, but someone will." She flew out to Peggy's funeral to be there for him. Their relationship just became really really special, in both nearly dying then finding out that the SHIELD they were working with was a sham, kind of cemented their bond.

Even during the fight, they never squared off. You get the sense that they were avoiding that like the plague.

I don't believe she planned to wait for Bucky and Steve to get to the jet, but once it was clear they would be, she was going to do what was necessary to see that they made it.