Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjecti cant STAND Emily Bett Rickards anymore arrgghh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=686603&mesg_id=697373
697373, i cant STAND Emily Bett Rickards anymore arrgghh
Posted by araQual, Thu May-07-15 01:31 PM
or this stupid forced Olicity love story. fuck outta here a player like Ollie getting tied down by her whiney constant-cry-voice-having judgmental ass. her 'performance' this season has been so.fucking.painful to watch. the writers have done a pathetic job with her, she's become this forced 'heart of the group' bullshit person, which apparently means she should only talk like she's on the verge of tears, and she should only always be telling Oliver off, a guy who's been through more insane shit, killed more people and done more crazy things than Felicity could ever imagine, and yet Ollie's got it bad for the cute tech girl? i mean fine, her value in the team is immeasurable, but fall the fuck back already lady n let Ollie do his thing.

the shit thing is they've written em this deep that it's not gonna let up. as much as i hate to blame the actress and the character she plays (she really has mostly sucked this season), it really is the material letting her down. cos whenever she pops up on Flash, she's back to being sarcastic n funny and the actual character, not this insufferably annoying external group conscious that feels the need to be contrary just for the fuck of it.

i've actually enjoyed the overall story this season, if they'd actually focused on the story itself for at least 95% of the time, the story would've been so much better for it. again, this love story bullshit has been poorly executed and completely unnecessary and is always taking the momentum away from the INTERESTING shit, like Tatsu & Maseo's backstory (holy shit, anyone else get some strong feels when she 'released' her former lover? tragic end for a tragic story).

prob the weakest season sofar, but i still thoroughly enjoyed it. i just feel anything involving Felicity kinda brought everything to a screeching halt, and progressively got worse. i REALLY hope they refocus this show, and Ollie, on the mission and NOT on whingey mcgee.

V.