Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI took a look at this week's releases, not even worth a trip to the shop
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=686359&mesg_id=691708
691708, I took a look at this week's releases, not even worth a trip to the shop
Posted by lonesome_d, Thu Jan-22-15 03:49 PM
one book (Drifer #3) that the first two volumes were okay but I'm not pressed to hit the shop just for #3.

Reading some stuff from the library though:

-Fables vol. 20, I think, 'Camelot.' Sigh. I think Fables has left the building. I was kind of with it through the Mr. Dark bit, and I may have missed a volume or two, but just didn't enjoy this volume that much.

-The Wrenchies (Farel Dalrymple OGN): I loved Omega the Unknown, but have had trouble with Farel's other stuff. This one's (a bit) more straight ahead storytelling and has a lot of fun stuff going on. I wouldn't say I 'get' it 100% but I get it a lot more than the last one I read by him and I'm getting a kick out of it. Seems to comment on the same meta ideas that Multiversity is riffing on - the power of comic books as dimensional portrayals and/or portals. Plus, postapocalyptic kids kicking ass.

-Bumperhead (G. Hernandez): I've only read a handful of Love & Rockets books. They're always good though, and this isn't the first to give me a Clowesian vibe throughout - capturing awkardness throughout life, even brief phase where the subject is cool. Plenty of fun & pathos.