Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSPOILERS Unlike some of the others, I thought this one was easy to take
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=686359&mesg_id=689475
689475, SPOILERS Unlike some of the others, I thought this one was easy to take
Posted by lonesome_d, Thu Dec-04-14 12:20 PM
at face value and at the first level of metatextual commentary. SPOILERS

Face value: The president figured something out (we don't know what, but presumably it has to deal with the comic book) and is convinced that his murder by the preeminent super hero will save the world. But something didn't go quite right, and rogue hero the Question is trying to figure out what it was.
The only thing I wasn't sure I got (again, at face value) was whether the kid who shot Yellowjacket and then realized it was his dad was Harley.

First layer of meta is the obvious Watchmenisms, both visually (first thing I thought on seeing the intro's blood on the presidential seal, a theme that was repeated several times) and story-wise. I thought this was interesting not just b/c of the Morrison/Moore mentor/protege antagonism historically (which presents the most likely 2d level meta commentary) but also b/c he is actually using the Charlton characters that Moore wanted to use.

But you guys probably know all that. I'm going to try to find some analysis of it; I think Wolk or somebody is doing a commentary on it and while I haven't been reading it regularly this story might bbe worth checking into it.