Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMemetic #1 was about as scary as could be + REVIEWS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=686359&mesg_id=687594
687594, Memetic #1 was about as scary as could be + REVIEWS
Posted by lonesome_d, Fri Oct-24-14 09:54 AM
Good Times Sloth was a pretty freaky #1 in part because the idea is new, it's definitely scary as hell, and hey, bleeding from the eyes before choking people out. Oh yeah, SPOILERS. I just hope it doesn't devolve into a typical post-apocalyptic zombies, Crossed, you-name-it type of thing, but the stage set after #1 is definitely a possibility.

This reminds me though, they show Obama getting memefied (though they don't name him, it's clearly him). This a few weeks after Manhattan Projects's incredibly detailed panel of John F. Kennedy's head exploding. Not sure how I feel about the appropriateness of either one.

Other books:

Stray Bullets uber alles - just about the best thing I'm reading now. Poor Eli. Poor Ginny. A+++

Butterfly #2 - a little confusing with parts of the story being told in reverse. Not as good as #1, but still good espionage material. B/B+

Unwritten - kinda ho hum. Still enjoying it well enough of course, but the series really shoulda gone out on the high note War of Words. C/C+

Multiversity #3 - I'm enjoying it. BUT I pretty much fail to see the interconnectedness of the various stories, especially this week. The stories seem to be straightforward but I feel like the levels Morrison is trying to imply in the story just aren't really coming together for me. B

Starlight #6 - loved it. A