Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectEpisode 16...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=686281&mesg_id=724460
724460, Episode 16...
Posted by stravinskian, Sun Aug-27-17 08:30 PM
I don't even know what to say. Everything is perfect, nothing is predictable.

Richard Horne
(Okay, everybody predicted his identity, and in retrospect what happened to him was obvious, but I didn't see it coming.)

What the hell happened with Hutch and Chantal? There's definitely more to that story than we saw.

Dale Cooper, awake!, and back to form.

Poor Janey E and Sunny Jim. But it looks like Dougie Jones will return. And hopefully he'll be a cheap imitation of the good Dale, not the bad one.

I'm sorry for being suspicious of Bushnell. He's a good dude.

Diane...

Audrey Horne -- I was convinced she wasn't real, then they briefly convinced me she was. And then, damn.

She was in a coma at the end of the original series, and one of the leading hypotheses about her weird scenes was that she was dreaming while still in the coma. And then there was that sound when she was looking in the mirror. Earlier, Sunny Jim asked if comas were related to electricity. That was foreshadowing.

The whole thing ends next week, probably for good. And I honestly don't mind. There's A LOT more story to tell. More than could be told in the two hours that remain. They make a lot of references to the distinction between "secrets" and "mysteries." I think there are a lot of things they've kept secret over the course of the series, and a lot of mysteries that they haven't even tried to explain to themselves. Next week they'll clear out all the secrets, and leave us with the mysteries, and it'll be great.