Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThis show might be the best use of television I've ever seen.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=686281&mesg_id=723853
723853, This show might be the best use of television I've ever seen.
Posted by stravinskian, Wed Aug-02-17 12:56 AM
It seems childish and goofy to say it as flatly as that. But I'm working hard to think of something more suspenseful, more funny, more endearing, better acted (particularly MacLachlan, Lynch, and Robert Forster), more surprising, more ambitious...

I understand why it's not getting as much attention as it deserves. Not enough people have Showtime. The incredibly slow pacing (which I love) would drive a lot of people batty. And if you haven't seen the original show you wouldn't get nearly as much out of the new one (and while the original is rightly beloved, it definitely shows its age, and it often pushed the goofy melodrama too far for my taste).

But even if you're ambivalent about the original (as I was, though at times it showed the same greatness), it's worth the investment to prepare for this.

I don't know if I want them to try for a fourth season or just work out a perfect closing to it here. My guess is they're shooting for the latter, and I expect them to deliver it, though I have absolutely no idea what that might be.