Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFantastic. Top Ten for the year. Also, I wouldn't mind a sequel
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=682849&mesg_id=689289
689289, Fantastic. Top Ten for the year. Also, I wouldn't mind a sequel
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Dec-01-14 04:54 PM
It doesn’t demand a sequel. There are no burning questions that need answering. Thing is, the characters were so strong and well defined that the further adventures of Lou holds some promise if you ask me. I thought we’d see Lou lose his mind completely by the end, but he’s so firmly in control of himself and the world around him that he’s got serious legs for further exploration.

Naturally a repeat of the same story wouldn’t do, but a new venture, a new challenge, some more devious form of blackmail and entrapment and you’ve got yourself another movie. Shit, just exploring the relationship between Lou and Nina would be worth watching, or the LAPD’s attempts to bring him down. I doubt anything like that happens, just noting that there’s some high quality character work here.

I didn’t really get the “yeah, we get it, the media is a bunch of blood sucking leeches, we’ve seen this a million times” complaints others have. I didn’t see this as *that* movie. Yeah, there’s some commentary in there, but said commentary wasn’t overbearing, preachy, or blatant. The story I took from it was basically about an incredibly well read sociopath and his drive to succeed at all costs. It’s basically Scarface with cameras instead of cocaine.