Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectLooks like Devin was right. Again
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=680633&mesg_id=711590
711590, Looks like Devin was right. Again
Posted by bwood, Fri May-06-16 03:42 PM
Also, Umberto Gonzalez, is hearing the same shit I've been hearing for a while. Kevin Tsujihara and Greg Silverman are out. Thank God.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/06/ben-affleck-is-now-executive-producer-of-justice-league

The drama continues.

By Evan Saathoff May. 06, 2016

As Civil War hits theaters and flies its way to the kind of box office Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice should have earned without much trouble, things continue to reshuffle at Warner Bros. This one is big. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ben Affleck has become executive producer on the already-filming Justice League movie.

Affleck and writer Chris Terrio are going to shape up the script to make sure it’s something people might actually want to see. Once filming is complete, Affleck will have some say in post-production concerns. This means Affleck is now creatively involved in the film on a very real level.

Hold up, the red phone is ringing. Oh hey, it’s Devin Faraci, who has this to add:

My sources have told me that Affleck was incredibly unhappy about the reception of BvS. He felt humiliated after spending so much of the press tour saying how much better this film would be than Daredevil. On top of that his agent was furious when Kevin Tsujihara jumped the gun and announced him as the director of The Batman - there were still negotiations happening.

This move seems to help placate Affleck while also edging Zack Snyder out of a controlling central position in the DC Movieverse.

This is just the latest step in an ongoing shakeup at Warner Bros in response to Batman v Superman’s poor reception (which Devin wrote more about here). While it’s certainly fascinating to see played out in public like this, the bottom line is a hope that these movies will actually get good. With the help of Affleck, an honestly talented filmmaker, that comes closer to being a reality.