Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMore 'views
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=680592&mesg_id=682250
682250, More 'views
Posted by lonesome_d, Tue Jul-15-14 01:49 PM
Manhattan Projects #21: Best part of this to me was the incongrity of Laika, whom I'd imagined with a voiceover like they give cute little dogs in live--action movies, like Sandy Duncan, cute and high pitched, saying 'IT FUCKING HURTSSSSSS!' It's amazing how much worldbuilding a good creative team can do in such a short space (considering the clibrarians and the d'hri a different world from 'earth'). Possibly the funniest Hickman issue I've read, great mix of sci-fi concepts, action and humor even he copped the translation bit from Douglas Adams. Poor Yuri. A

Teen TItans Go #2: Sholly Fisch killed it with the first story. Teen Titans go on a reality TV talent show. Celebrity judge Darkseid's only comment: 'Dreadful, just dreadful.' B story wasn't nearly as good, focusing on Robin's snot, but the kids liked it well enough. *shrug* A first story/C second story

Silver Surfer #3: Cosmic Marvel, this is weird to me.... it's good but not great. If Allred weren't on the art I probably wouldn't have bothered, not because the story isn't good - it is - but it's not really GREAT. It's wacky, but not very funny. B-

East of West #13: Much as I love Death's female sidekick, I don't care that much about the male, so the deep magic of the past two issues hasn't done that much for me. And I was lost as to why the bounty hunter/lawman/whatever needed to take down the native dad. So *shrug* still god, but not as good as usual. But Hickman sure knows how to write an ending. B+