Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Can we reflect on MILESTONE for a minute?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=680592&mesg_id=680674
680674, RE: Can we reflect on MILESTONE for a minute?
Posted by Brother_Afron, Fri Jun-13-14 10:37 AM
See, now we're speaking my language. I still have at least 5 PTP blog pieced about Milestone in various stages of completion.

>I picked up Icon: The Mothership Connection at my LCS's
>sidewalk sale because it was cheap and had a P-Funk reference
>right there in the title.

The titles on some of their stories are one of my favorite elements of the Milestone comics. I still remember reading the Milestone/Superman crossover.= for the first time. Of course, they had to have Icon and Superman fight, so you open the issue and see that the title is "Ain't No Such Thing As a Superman."

It was thick as hell so I'd just
>assumed it was the entire run... Turns out this was volume 2.

Ha, that shit ran for about forty something issues. I think that the reason the book is so big, and jumps around a bit in terms of which issues were included, was because McDuffie saw the writing on the wall in regards to DC's treatment of Milestone, so he just wanted to get as much in a possible.

>
>While I'm tracking down the first trade, talk to me about your
>favorite Milestone titles, creators, moments, etc.

You can't really go wrong with any Milestone series (except Kobalt). Everything else they put of was top tier. Truth be told, compared to everything else out at the time, Icon was one of the best books being published. Now, in relation to the rest of the Milestone line, Icon was probably one of the weakest. Yes, the line-up was that strong.

I'm about to wild out in this post over the next month with some write ups.