Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRepeating a lie doesn't make it true.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=679396&mesg_id=679707
679707, Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu May-29-14 12:07 PM
First off, how is Rap Genius blaming tech and hip hop? I'm not even sure how you could really blame hip-hop for that guy's ignorance, which is prevalent in America and the culture.
It's taking a legit example of mysogyny to point out the problem with our culture rather than shoehorning in examples after the actions of a mentally ill person.

>why there? because you seem to be in huge denial whenever the
>finger gets pointed there

Again, I didn't say movies aren't a problem. I said in this specific instance, blaming what happened on movies, which both articles you posted did do, is problematic to say the least.

You're using a tragedy to discuss a broader issue. I'm saying, we should discuss the issue but not in light of the tragedy. Your take away is, Oh, so you don't think it's an issue.

>you have more work to do if you can even get close to stating
>where the problem is pointing in all other directions and now
>telling other people what are THEY going to do about it when
>YOU can't even acknowledge the problem in your favorite
>industry.

Since you continue to ignore what I write/believe, there's no reason for me to continue.

If you want to celebrate stories that blame Rogen/Apatow/Revenge of the Nerd movies for this shooting and say that people with mental illness just need to grow up, have fun.