Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWell, the type of food he makes in the truck is safe too.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=678294&mesg_id=681798
681798, Well, the type of food he makes in the truck is safe too.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jul-07-14 03:44 PM
He's making sandwiches. Simple sandwiches done cheaply and well. Right? Isn't a Cubano just a slight variation on a pressed ham and cheese? I mean, I'd have to see the film again before diving into that point, as it's been a while since I've seen it.

I also seem to recall him defending chocolate lava cake to the critic, screaming that the critic doesn't even know what chocolate lava cake is. It doesn't really seem like he hates chocolate lava cake, he just hates being told to make it, as he's been making it for a while and doesn't like doing it anymore. But again, I don't really remember the specific words he uses, so I could be off.

Seeing as how Favreau has been making formula films for the studios for years now, I just don't really think him employing formula in his indie feel-good flick is all too surprising. Far more surprising was how much I enjoyed it, as I hadn't really enjoyed any of his output since Iron Man.