Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectNext, the prequels...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=677584&mesg_id=689311
689311, Next, the prequels...
Posted by phenompyrus, Tue Dec-02-14 09:13 AM
I've come around on these a little bit, as I'm sure many have, through the years. I and II still aren't good movies by any stretch, but they have some geek out moments that really are up there with some of the better geek out moments ever on screen: Darth Maul lighting up the 2 blades on his lightsaber (and that lightsaber fight is pretty awesome too) in I, and Yoda finally lighting up his lightsaber in II. The pod race is pretty solid as well.

III holds up better than the other 2, but is still only an OK, maybe good, ride at best. It does have some awesome moments though: the final duel, Mace's last stand, "Vader... RISE", Vader before the scream.

Other than that, the trilogy, b/c of Jar Jar, trade negotiation talk, both actors that play Anakin (especially Hayden Christenson, who might still be the worst actor... ever), an overall poor acting turn from Portman, and the over-the-top use of CGI, are unfortunately what stick out the most.