Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subject*fart noise*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=677237&mesg_id=681689
681689, *fart noise*
Posted by CaptNish, Fri Jul-04-14 10:50 AM
I agree with Duchovney. Hank shoulda died in the end. Was the only logical outcome. This ending was no different than every other year that Hank and Karen seemed to maybe be headed in the right direction together. And maybe that's the point. But it wasn't satisfying at all.

But hey, "Rocket Man."

Runkle and Marcy's conclusion on the other hand was kinda perfect.

Double D was doing a wrap interview with I wanna say ROLLING STONE and said how one of the things he enjoyed about the course of the series is how everyone ended up quirkier and more fucked up than Hank, and that he kind of became the voice of reason, and it got me thinking that this was EXACTLY what the problem with the show over the duration of the series was for me. Hank is such a fundamentally fucked up character with a spinning moral compass, that to make everyone crazier than he is means to send people into the fucking stratosphere of quirk. It might have worked for an episode. It might even have worked for a season. But doing it since season 3? Too much.

I'll miss the show if only for the characters. Handler was amazing in this role. Adlon is fantastic in everything she does (I crush) and she was amazing here. And David Duchovney successfully made me forget about Fox Mulder (speaking of which, how did we never get a Gillian Anderson cameo? That seems like it'd write itself). It was an okay show with great characters.

And much like Charlie Brown never getting to kick the football... poor Eddie Nero never got to have Hank in his mouth...