Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMIND MGMT----> I SLEPT.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=673787&mesg_id=676102
676102, MIND MGMT----> I SLEPT.
Posted by buckshot defunct, Tue Apr-08-14 10:52 AM
What's crazy is that I read the first issue of this and it didn't grab me. Clearly that was the work of MKUltra – SOMEone didn't want me reading this book! Because this shit is soooo up my alley it's not even funny.

Kindt is in that zone I aspire towards where he seems to get optimum mileage from a super efficient art style. The work is beautiful, the coloring especially, but from what I understand about his process, this dude can work quick. I feel that urgency in the pages, too. It's like there's a minimal amount of "process" happening between him thinking the idea and me reading it. Shit's electric.

And the story is an all-you-can-eat buffet for conspiracy theorists and lovers of weird shit. When they got to the talking dolphin agents I was just like, okay, this is my favorite thing ever right now. I loved all the little short segments that focused on specific agents. Sometimes stories like this sag under the weight of their own premise, where you get so many questions thrown at you that you stop caring altogether. This isn't that, though. "Answers" are revealed at a generous pace and there's enough other stuff going on to keep you satisfied along the way. I didn't expect to meet Lyme so quickly, or for him to be so forthcoming – And yet, there's clearly a lot of shit about him I still don't know.

I'm all in. A+