Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI also haven't loved Deadly Class, which seems to be getting love
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=673787&mesg_id=675924
675924, I also haven't loved Deadly Class, which seems to be getting love
Posted by lonesome_d, Mon Apr-07-14 11:35 AM
all over the place.

I dunno if I have a 'taste' in particular. I know I don't always love things I expect to or that other people expect me to. I get the same thing in music sometimes, where people think because I love X, I should love Y, but it doesn't always work out like that.

In general I think I want to be entertained, occasionally scared, occasionally shocked, but not annoyed; and I like everything to remain fairly tight (as much as I loved Trillium, I was annoyed when it just... ended. With no explanation of the duality that seemed to be a major focus of the first several issues. And I was one of the guys who thought True Detective would have been better if the finale had managed to at least figure out the bad guy's place in the Yellow Kingdom.)

I only read (what I think was) the first Locke & Key trad and thought it was pretty great. Keep meaning to get caught up on it via the ILL but haven't made it happen yet.