Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectwelp, that didn't amount to much
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=673787&mesg_id=675748
675748, welp, that didn't amount to much
Posted by buckshot defunct, Sat Apr-05-14 10:23 AM
Decompressed storytelling still manages to surprise me sometimes. I felt like I had at least 1 more chapter yet when I got to the end of this one. The idea of Jean seeing what was in store for her and just being like, mmmmNOPE was a good twist. But it was also kinda like the book's way of saying "Oh yeah so this is just another regular X-book now"... Not what I was hoping for.

But hey, it was still a pretty good read while it lasted. The art was fantastic. I thought Bendis did a great job of getting all up in Cyclops's neuroses. I guess his stint on Daredevil back in the day probably helped in nailing that delusional, emo, self-hating tone. Now just imagine that Matt Murdock had *laser eyes* and you begin to understand just what a hot mess Scott Summers is in this book.

All in all not bad for a $3.99 deal on Comixology. When I got to the end I considered picking up Volume 2, but it was $19.99. Naw, bruh. Miss me with that.