Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectjust started messing with Comixology, dunno if I see the appeal
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=673787&mesg_id=675309
675309, just started messing with Comixology, dunno if I see the appeal
Posted by celery77, Fri Mar-28-14 09:21 AM
So I can pay the exact same price I would pay at the store for a digital version of this week's comics? Doesn't make sense. There's just something to be said for being able to hold the floppy in your hands. The page is readable on the tablet screen, but something about it just feels ... off.

Although I do get the perks -- storage can be a pain and I did see that most older titles have good discounts in their store. I'll be checking for sales to see if I can get a good collection here or there that I can break into, and Image apparently has just tons of #1s for free, so I downloaded some of those I was curious about. I got some free Silver Surfer in the Marvel shop that was one of these "Intuitive" comics or something, and that was much more interesting (swipe to advance -- word bubbles are added, reading panes are advanced or revealed), so I see the draw for sure. I just don't know if I'm ever going to be copping a digital version of a comic I love (Manhattan Projects, say), ESPECIALLY if they're selling them the same price as the shop when they're new.