Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: can I go meta & discuss what killed COTW for me>
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=673787&mesg_id=674978
674978, RE: can I go meta & discuss what killed COTW for me>
Posted by Brother_Afron, Sun Mar-23-14 08:51 AM
In the past there was some kind of unifying book or story that we all seemed to discuss. That's pretty much lacking now, and the new 52 is largely responsible. I forgot which Posse member coined the term, but "powerfully mediocre" comes to mind. The only 2 decent books they have is Batman (saved solely by the art) and Wonder Woman, and I doubt it's a coincidence that they're the only two book that don't follow the boring ass house style that the rest of the line has.

Meanwhile, Marvel is pretty upfront about not giving a fuck about anything but their precious movie universe. I still fuck with New Avengers, but if I'm being honest with myself, that shit has been treading water since Infinity.

Image has some good stuff, but it feels like Saga takes 8 months off for every 5 issues they drop. On the other end, Walking Dead is showing that double shipping a boring ass war doesn't make it seem any less drawn out or repetitive, and Manhattan Projects has gone completely off the rails. That being said, East of West is pretty amazing.