Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectPut MIND MGMT on hold at the library
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=673787&mesg_id=673796
673796, Put MIND MGMT on hold at the library
Posted by buckshot defunct, Tue Mar-04-14 11:53 AM
Excited to see what that one's all about finally.

I'm in line for the latest Darwyn Cooke PARKER book as well. EEEE.

I've maybe read 3 *comic books* in as many months. Maybe. Just been working non-stop, and when I do read it's been... prose. The one's without the pictures? Yeah I dunno what's up with that either.

I recently tried reading Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind because I'd heard it was one of the greatest comics ever, but I couldn't get into it. Le shrug.

K4 has been getting into superheroes heavvvvy which is kind of something I've been waiting for if not necessarily pushing towards. It's fun, it can be a little exhausting because he grills me on their origins non-stop. Oh, and if he doesn't like their origin, he'll request that I come up with a new one. I guess Hulk was just one science-experiment-gone-wrong too many, so in our household Bruce Banner became the Hulk thanks to a magic green crystal. Or, if he's watching a cartoon and it plays out differently than how I described it to him, he just shoots me this look that says, "You don't even know what you're talking about old man"

He still digs those Tiny Titans comics L_d sent for Secret Satan, and we've been reading some Superhero Squad comics from the library. Those are funny, sometimes a little on the snarky side. He's aware that there's levels to this shit, and that the darker stuff tends to be for "big kids" so naturally that fascinates him. And at my age, that stuff just feels like it's trying too hard to be 'mature', so meanwhile I'm pushing for B:BATB. Outrageous.