Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectCOTM: A dying breed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=673787&mesg_id=673787
673787, COTM: A dying breed
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
Looks like some good stuff came out last wk, more on the way this wk.

Are Cerealfusion and I the only ones to do the Secret Satan? Not that I've done it yet (sorry Cere). He hooked me up with a book that looks great and a sweet Arya Stark figure.

Library's parent-child comics club had its first meeting last Tuesday. Good turnout, very interesting. 6 out of the 10 kids were girls, and they were all there because of Amulet. 5 out of the 10 kids were Asian (3 South and 2 East). We were all supposed to take a book we were into. I took Snarked; my daughter took Bone; and my boy took a Calvin & Hobbes collection. One kid had a graphic Don Quixote (not the Eisner one) and all he wanted to talk about was the 'inappropriate' sections ("there's this one page - here it is - and look, there's a naked man and woman, and they're kissing!"). The librarian asked him about the other books he'd brought (he brought a few) and he just said 'Oh, they're... inappropriate." I checked out his stash later and one of 'em was a Johns GL book. Hilarious.

How long before this Nic Pizzolato dude gets tapped to write comics? Seems to me he'd be excellent.

What else? Paddle season's just about over. I have some snowdrops up in the garden but they keep getting frozen and snowed on. Last Thursday night three chickens never made it back to the coop. I got home at 12:30 and found them. One was huddled under a pile of logs, so I had to drage her out by the tail. It was also 7 degrees at this time. Fun stuff.

So as always, any & all comics chatter and other bullshit below. Maybe he can go half-plat this month...

Poll question: COTM: A dying breed

Poll result (6 votes)
something Marvel (3 votes)Vote
something DC (0 votes)Vote
something Vertigo (0 votes)Vote
something Image (2 votes)Vote
something Dark Horse (0 votes)Vote
ah, just leddigo... COTW is dead (1 votes)Vote