Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI wish they hadn't done the flash forward
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=668757&mesg_id=679496
679496, I wish they hadn't done the flash forward
Posted by SoulHonky, Tue May-27-14 03:45 PM
Beyond that, I'm thoroughly confused by this write-up. I mean, they already killed a character from Silence of the Lambs so anyone is fair game and I'm not sure why the "validity" of the books is that important. It's not a bad thing if they stray from them, especially if it ups the stakes. (And I'm not sure why he doesn't see Fishburne signing on to a different show as a potential spoiler for how his character ends up.)

Also, he acknowledges that "spinning those plates for too long is a delicate proposition", so why would he be upset that they are switching gears and hunting Dr. Lecter for a season?

And I don't know how you can write anything about Hannibal and not at least give a nod to the fact that it's one of the best looking series on TV (and I think you could argue it's one of the best shot shows ever.)

I think he should have fleshed out more of his ideas on what he didn't like about season 2 rather than just assuming they are fact and bemoaning the third season.