Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectit's almost that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=668693&mesg_id=682528
682528, it's almost that
Posted by rob, Sun Jul-20-14 09:13 PM
they could have written the apes universe so that it was an open question if koba was right, but they didn't. i feel like the appeal of magneto is that his intuition about the nature of the threat to mutants is CONSTANTLY being proven to at least being an open possibility...and he's also CONSTANTLY demonstrating that he's the intellectual and tactical equal of the x-men.

koba,on the other hand, wasn't just blinded by his hatred in moments, he legitimately doesn't get the big picture. he has the kind of mentality that can win in a tribe but still be self-destructive, which is why he's a villain for an arc but not more than that. and i fucking love the koba character.

i think caesar is still walking that line...you don't see him trying to establish a hybrid society. i think the debate is still going to play out within him and his family....or maybe that's only because ape society is still very small...or maybe it's because humans have been doing a good job on their own of removing themselves as a threat so far.