Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthey did a great job with the ape characters
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=668693&mesg_id=682527
682527, they did a great job with the ape characters
Posted by rob, Sun Jul-20-14 08:50 PM
the human characters were okay, and maybe this is because we have a movie more depth with the chimps and bonobos but i definitely think this is the best film i've seen demonstrating making a movie with effects that's still a great story/character-driven film. it deserves serious awards consideration, as do serkis and kebbell.

koba might be the best villain i've seen in a film this year. his perspective makes sense in human and in primate terms, and the path they all take is paced well enough that it was believable.

and it was interesting watching this after x-men and seeing caesar walk that xavier/magneto line better and less fucking randomly out of control than those two.

this really might be the goat sci-fi franchise (certainly the best reboot) if they can give blue eyes and the next generation the same kind of complexity as they move forward.

if there's a critique it's that the apes are more human in their motivations/social organization than apes would be, but they get maaaaajooooooor points for even trying to move the arrow.