Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI liked the first one better. *No spoilers*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=665617&mesg_id=674314
674314, I liked the first one better. *No spoilers*
Posted by bwood, Mon Mar-10-14 10:58 PM
I was expecting an adrenaline rush of non stop action like the first and this wasn't that. At all.

Yeah, there's lots of fights from start to finish, but this one wanted to tell an actual story. And when they wanted to tell the story, I was bored. Evan got kinda artsy at points and some of it was cool and some of it wasn't. Also, you can tell these niggas have bigger budget than the first film from the opening shot.

All I wanted was niggas fucking each other up. Which you get here in spades, but just the non-stop roller coaster that the first was.

With all that said the violence is more brutal in this one. I mean cotdamn at some of the ways these niggas be fucking each other up in this joint.

And there are 2 fight scenes at the end of the film and a car chase that are better than anything in the first. Thinking about that shit right now has my heart racing.

With all that said, hopefully for the last part of this trilogy, Evans takes it back to a bare bones plot with non-stop action.