Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectNever saw Man with the Iron Fist...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=664302&mesg_id=664311
664311, Never saw Man with the Iron Fist...
Posted by wallysmith, Sat Oct-19-13 02:07 PM
...so I can't comment on that.

But it feels like you're trying to get a rise from me for defending the movie... *shrug*

Like Frank experienced, I was one of those people that tried to put other people on to Boondock Saints. Most of them were pretty lukewarm about it, if not outright hating it. And like I said, the movie definitely doesn't stand up to repeat viewings.

But whenever it comes up with people I watched it with (or watched it around the same time) it's always good feelings and lots of laughs. And I marked the fuck out when I was watching The Walking Dead and one of the McMurphy brothers walked onto the screen. And I still root for his character in large part because of his role in Boondock Saints (incidentally... "bundok" means mountains in Tagalog, and is where the word "boondocks" actually originated).

It's a bad movie... it really is. But that's not going to stop me from putting down the remote whenever it's on tv.