Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWait, punches from the punch dimension is canon? That's amazing.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=659871&mesg_id=659901
659901, Wait, punches from the punch dimension is canon? That's amazing.
Posted by Jayson Willyams, Thu Sep-05-13 11:20 AM
"Cyclops possesses the mutant ability to project a beam of heatless ruby-colored concussive force from his eyes, which act as inter-dimensional apertures between this universe and another."

That's some amazing comic-logic right there.

Also, this: "Due to a head injury, Cyclops is unable to shut off his optic blasts at will and must therefore wear ruby quartz lenses to block the beams."

Had no idea that a head injury was to blame for that. Didn't Morrison's run imply that Scott made a conscious decision to not be able to control his beams? I think it was when Cassandra Nova and Sublime were running roughshod over the mansion and through their bloodstreams. He flashed back to a moment where he chose to give himself the burden of not being in control, for reasons that always seemed a bit nebulous to me (guilt? martyr complex? fear?). If anyone remembers that shit better than me, please speak to it.

Also, the intern whose job it is to write that stuff up--it's either the best job in the world or one of the worst. I can't call it.