Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: i think the following people SUCK as actors
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=659510&mesg_id=659852
659852, RE: i think the following people SUCK as actors
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Sep-04-13 10:45 PM
>>but get passes because most folk think they're *cute* or
>>*hot* or have a great personality that let's them skate by
>in
>>roles:
>>
>>Aubrey Plaza
>
>No doubt

like, folk STAN for this chick. And save for that Daria live action short she did, I don't get it. AT ALL.

I mean, shit, there are folk on Parks and Rec who are *WAY* funnier than her, and don't get NO shine.

Plaza isn't even worth all this praise.

>>Olivia Munn
>
>No

we can agree to disagree. I feel like if she continues make interesting choices in terms of roles (the Olivia Munn contingent I know SWEAR by her work on The Newsroom and this occult horror movie she's doing with Eric Bana, directed by the guy who did SINISTER (Scott Derrickson) shows serious promise. So, I will gladly amend my views on her...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2377322/?ref_=sr_1 Beware The Night, the Scott Derrickson movie.

But, until then, I'm real wary of giving her praise. What I've seen her in I just haven't been real impressed.

>>Nicolas Cage (he *USED* to be good, he's not now)
>
>ok

true he used to be, but damn he sucks. Like I can't even rock with the parody acting he's doing.

>>Ryan Gosling (he gives great, constipated DEW DEW FACE
>>though)
>
>He's legit but probably needs to start picking better scripts

yes he needs better scripts definitely.

>
>>Bradley Cooper
>
>Hated him at first but he's won me over since playin Face

nah...i'm going to need him to do some small, indie gritty shit ala The Machinist, etc. that he carries ON HIS OWN, etc. because I've always felt like he was someone that had some talent but really just got by on being pretty...

Silver Linings Playbook: not a decent movie, but that was ALL about Jennifer Lawrence for me, and not him.

>
>>Taye Diggs
>
>Agreed

YUP. I need him to either go back to acting school for a couple years or just go the fuck away.

>>add on...please.
>
>I'll add actress Jessica Biel & her boy toy for starters

BINGO!

Biel and Timberlake aren't great actors at all.

Timbo has more potential to eventually BE better...but Biel? nah. she's horrible.

But I need Justin to start singing again...he's good at that.