Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMan, I missed Han and Giselle in this one.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=658928&mesg_id=695509
695509, Man, I missed Han and Giselle in this one.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Apr-05-15 11:09 PM
***If you haven't seen 6 but you're in this thread, don't cry about spoilers***

That said, SPOILERS:

The whole movie felt like something was missing with Han and Giselle gone and Mia firmly in the background. I assumed Roman and Tej would get more time to shine in this, a little more of those family moments, but it felt like we got even less of them.

Elena showed up for what amounted to a cameo while The Rock had what amounted to two cameos. Granted, F&F was always about Bryan and Dom, but 5 and 6 really drove home the family element in a big way and that dynamic was missing here.

I really enjoyed this in spite of that gripe. I do think the hacker subplot was lacking. I would have preferred more Shaw and more Nobody instead of that wooden ass Korath impersonation Djimon put on. In the grand scheme of things whatever that mission is it's a mere backdrop for the action scenes, but this one felt particularly weak.

The one action scene I didn't like was the shit with the drone. That didn't measure up to anything else in 5,6, or 7 to me.

I pretty much loved the rest though. The building scene, the batshit mountain scene, Stathams fight scenes, Walkers fight scenes with Ja, Rousy/Rodriguez, all that shit was fire. We got a heart wrenching sendoff for Paul Walker. He'll remain one of the most beloved action stars with one of the most beloved action characters in my lifetime and that was a beautiful sendoff.