Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI liked it, but 5 and 6 were better IMO.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=658928&mesg_id=695474
695474, I liked it, but 5 and 6 were better IMO.
Posted by phenompyrus, Sat Apr-04-15 01:59 PM
This one just didn't have the same... pop? ... as the last 2. There was a ton going on in the beginning, and then the action scenes, while entertaining, just kept me laughing and shaking my head. The characters are like the Justice League at this point, they can damn near do anything within this world. Statham always being there wherever the characters were too was a little extreme, and Letty suddenly remembering everything. The movie's action did not have the same appeal as The Rock vs. Vin, the bank vault behind the cars, Michelle Rodriguez vs. Gina Carano, The Raid dude fighting in the subway, and the runway.

That said, the best thing the movie did was the Paul Walker tribute at the end. I would be very pleased if they stopped with this movie (and they should). When I think of Fast & Furious, I think of Paul Walker, not Vin Diesel. I'd be down for a Hobbs spin-off (which has been mentioned a couple times). They've already said there'd be another one in NYC with Kurt Russell again, so, we'll see.