Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectmaybe the best so far?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=658928&mesg_id=695463
695463, maybe the best so far?
Posted by BigWorm, Sat Apr-04-15 02:06 AM
I loved 6, but this was next level.

It gets four stars for sheer absurdity and blatant disregard for things like logic and physics.

Only minor things was that I was actually rooting for the bad guys in this one, because Jason Stratham was bringing the fury. He was all about the bidness and it was much more interesting than Vin talking about how important family is (which he did many, many times).

Plus, TONY JAA.

But NOTE: There is NO after the credit scene.

Maybe they aren't planning a F&F 8 after all. They definitely left the door open, but didn't guarantee it. It's probably because they wanted to end as a tribute to Paul Walker instead of marching right on to the next chapter.

Slight SPOILER:

Actually my one legit but small complaint was that it was obvious that Kurt Russell's character was supposed to die, when he gets shot his head cocks back like he was clearly shot in the head, but then he's somehow okay. It seems like originally he got got but it tested poorly. And really, that's how it was for everyone in this. All the big names either don't die, or "die" in such an ambiguous way that the door is always open to bring them back and explain how they miraculously survived.