Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Blackfish (Cowperthwaite, 2013)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=657962&mesg_id=669108
669108, RE: Blackfish (Cowperthwaite, 2013)
Posted by maternalbliss, Sat Dec-28-13 11:55 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this documentary does try hard to get one to sympathize with the mistreatment of Orca whales held in captivity.

I definitely was not shocked at the shenanigans that were taking place at SeaWorld nor am i shocked that SeaWorld would completely absolve itself of any wrongdoing in the deaths of any employees.

It is always the same ole story with propaganda pieces of this sort, same ole same ole, It is always about where to place the blame. I place the blame on no one, Not even the Orca.

I do agree with you that the trainers are arrogant and naive,lol, They all truly believed they were all one big happy family, lol. Tilly is my best friend in the world,lol. All that stuff about freeing the whales is hokey. Human beings have exploited the animals of land and sea since time began. It's just what we do.
Shit, Eskimos capture and eat whales all the time.

Orcas are predators. How come these silly white folks working at SeaWorld can't see the risk involved in what they do? Orcas hunt prey and it is misleading to call them peaceful creatures.

OSHA has forced SeaWorld to erect barrriers between the beautiful Orcas and the dumb human trainers, i am chuckling....

Is a barrier really gonna stop Tilly or any other 4, 5 or 6 ton Orca from doing what it is capable of doing?

I don't think so.

Grade C