Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI thought it was terrific, except for a few things
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=656228&mesg_id=697063
697063, I thought it was terrific, except for a few things
Posted by BigWorm, Sat May-02-15 05:08 PM
Really good, and I dig how Whedon did his thing by having you think Hawkeye was the obvious character to get killed off (IMO revealing his backstory was all for the sake of making you think he was the one that was going to die), but then ...they did what they did (NO SPOILER).

My big gripe is the Black Widow/Hulk love story. It was just thrown in there because somehow they needed to sexualize the one key female character. If it was, like, Hulk and Maria Hill (if that was her name), okay, great. i thought it was unnecessary and didn't really add anything. Plus, they didn't have very much chemistry.

PLUS am I the only one in the world that caught the way Black Widow was eyeing Falcon when they met in Cap 2? I was sure that they were going to do a ballsy move and have them get together. Like, fuck all y'all, Black Widow is around these ripped white dudes all the time..and she goes after the brother with metal wings. But maybe that would have been asking too much of Disney/Marvel, not just for race but also cause Falcon is just a sideline hero.

OH and one last tiny tiny gripe (SPOILER)

The post credit scene didn't get me hyped this time. I mean, it was pretty much exactly like the first movie. Plus after seeing him in Gaurdians of the Galaxy the surprise wasn't there. I wish they had revealed Dr. Strange, Adam Warlock or Spiderman.

Anyway I still don't know how they can do the Infinity Gauntlet story without making the most bloated, ridiculous, expensive train wreck in film history. Like, worse than X3, Spiderman 3 and Amazing Spiderman 2 put together. But this was right up there with F7 as the most fun I've had at the theater this year. Whedon knows how to juggle an ensemble cast that big.