Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: what happens when you go to see a movie in the theaters
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=656228&mesg_id=687576
687576, RE: what happens when you go to see a movie in the theaters
Posted by Voodoochilde, Thu Oct-23-14 08:31 PM
>and the trailers play?
>
>No snark, just curious.

if the trailer is for a movie that i'm planning to see then i literally just close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears and quietly mumble to myself.

to be clear, i'm really only this way with superhero, sci-fi, horror, fantasy/adventure stuff...
comedy flicks and drama trailers i dont mind seeing in advance...

believe it or not i managed to avoid seeing Avengers 1 trailer before going to see the movie in the theater. Seeing that movie in the theater that first time without having seen anything in the trailers made that INITIAL movie viewing an EXTRA awesome ...i feel like going in totally blind with NO expectations maximized that first viewing experience for me.

after seeing the movie the first time of course THEN i went back and watched the trailers, and after seeing THEM i was SO glad that i avoided the trailers beforehand. there were several 'super WOW' moments that i had in the theater that would have been lessened had i seen the trailers before.....i wanna MAXIMIZE my geeked-out-experience i get in the theater as much as possible and not knowing what to expect to see kinda helps me do that...

so yeah...i admit it, i've got issues...but there's actually some reasoning behind it too :)